THE GREATEST HITS, THE LATEST NEWS

Millbury PetSmart Evacuated After Electrical Fire

SHARE THIS

Millbury Fire Department/Edd Cote

Just after 2:30 on Friday afternoon, crews from Millbury’s Fire Department were dispatched to the PetSmart store in the Shoppes At Blackstone Valley.
By the time the fire department got to the scene, smoke had filled the rear of the store and a wall that had been on fire was extinguished by an employee.  The fire is believed to have started in an electrical outlet near the Banfield Pet Hospital inside the store.

Employees of the store were able to call 911 and successfully evacuate all customers and pets from the building.  The fire department says the Banfield section of the store will open but in a reduced form while they clean up and wait for an electrician to make repairs.

The rest of the store remains open this afternoon.

 

At 2:31 pm, an All Call was toned for a fire in the building at PetSmart, in the Shoppes. Car 1 arrived with a smoke…

Posted by Millbury Fire Dept on Friday, December 21, 2018