Just after 3PM on Wednesday, October 17th, fire crews dispatched to a 2 alarm fire at 24 Poland Street in Webster. The Webster Fire Department says they performed an aggressive interior attack and encountered heavy fire in the first floor kitchen. The fire spread into the second floor and was made its way into the attic before it was extinguished.
The fire is believed to have started in the dishwasher while it was running. Mutual aid from Dudley, Douglas, Oxford and Southbridge assisted on the scene, while Sutton covered Webster’s station. The owner of the property and his pet dog were both able to leave the building before first responders arrived.