THE GREATEST HITS, THE LATEST NEWS

Webster Fire Started By Christmas Display

SHARE THIS

Webster Fire Department

Just after 2AM on Saturday, crews from the Webster Police and Fire Departments were called to a home on Birch Island Road with reports of smoke in the basement.

Upon arrival, authorities spotted a fire on the porch and were able to quickly extinguish it.  After further investigation, firefighters believe a spotlight being used to illuminate Christmas decorations may have fallen onto the deck and ignited it.

The fire department posted a reminder on Facebook to, “please take the time to make sure lights that produce a large amount of heat are not near anything combustible.” They also suggest trying to find a safer light to use.

There were no injuries reported.  More photos from the scene are below.

Just after 2 am we were dispatched to Birch Island for reported smoke in the basement. First arriving police officers…

Posted by Webster Fire / Rescue Massachusetts on Saturday, December 8, 2018