THE GREATEST HITS, THE LATEST NEWS

Small Fire Outside Of Webster Senior Center Due To Careless Smoker

SHARE THIS

Webster Senior Center

The Webster Fire Department was dispatched to the Webster Senior Center at 5 Church Street on Monday afternoon because a small fire had started in the mulch on the property.

A post on Facebook reminds people that the world is not your ashtray and to please dispose of cigarettes properly.  Mulch can get very dry and catch fire quickly from a lit cigarette.  “Be a responsible smoker: Put It Out. All The Way. And Not In The Mulch!! Thank you!”

No injuries were reported.

Okay folks, this is why you need to dispose of cigarettes properly – mulch is particularly flammable when it gets hot…

Posted by Webster Senior Center on Tuesday, June 12, 2018